The parade is held with marching bands, community organizations and community dignitaries. The Children’s Parade is held just prior to the main parade with a shorter route down Main Street. Children dress up in costumes, decorate their bicycles and/or wagons and walk down the street.
Deutschen Pfest Parade
It’s a beautiful time of the year to get out with your neighborhood organization, church group or sports league, hear those high school bands and of course, check out those beautiful classic cars.
The Deutschen Pfest Parade will follow the City’s new parade route. The parade will start at Brookhollow Elementary School, turn on Wilbarger St. and make the loop around Main St. Then it will turn back onto Railroad Ave. and end in front of Mo-Kan Mini Storage.
This is a new parade route for 2019-2020. How it impacts spectators: you can now view the parade from Wilbarger St., and parade visibility is limited from the grassy area across from Brookhollow Elementary School.
What to know before applying
Parade Day Schedule
- Check-in: 8:45 a.m.
- Judging: 9:45 a.m.
- Start: 10:45 a.m.
First, second and third place are awarded for:
- Floats, trailers and pick-up trucks that are used for carrying parade participants must operate in a safe manner. If children are riding on any part of the parade vehicle, adult supervision is required. Adults must be in the same location as the children (i.e. if the children are on the trailer or truck bed, adults must ride with them on the trailer or in the truck bed).
- Parade participants with horses or other animals must provide their own accompanying clean-up personnel and equipment.
- NO objects including candy, flyers, favors, etc., may be thrown to the crowd along the parade route or staging area. People may walk along the street beside your unit to distribute items. You must note items to be distributed on your parade application.
- 18-wheelers/tractor-trailers are not allowed in the parade.
- Please note that for your safety and the flow of the parade, groups may not stop and perform in the middle of the parade, but must keep moving with the flow of traffic.
- Assign one person from your group to check-in for the group. Plan for your group to meet in one location, or in the parade line-up.
If you have any questions, please call 512-990-6352 or the Parks Department Office 512-990-6350, you may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Deutschen Pfest parade route has changed slightly starting in 2019 to accommodate our growing number of participants safely.
The parade will begin in front of Brookhollow Elementary school and head south on Railroad Avenue as it has in the past. Then the parade will turn right on Wilbarger Street, then head three blocks down and turn left on 3rd Street, and then left on Main Street. This will make the parade run “backwards” through downtown. It will end in front of Mo-Kan Mini Storage on Railroad Avenue.
No parade entries will be allowed to leave the parade early.
The parade is approximately 1.5 miles long from the start point to the end. The parade will start in front of Brookhollow Elementary School. The parade lineup and staging areas will be as follows:
Walking groups: staged in Brookhollow Elementary School Parking Lot
Floats & Vehicles: staged on Railroad Avenue and in the grassy field opposite of Brookhollow Elementary
Bands: staged in the grassy area south of Broohollow Elementary
Parade participants will line-up in several lines first come, first served. All participants should enter the parade staging area from the north down Railroad Avenue from Pflugerville Parkway. Railroad Avenue between Pfennig Lane and Brookhollow Drive will close to thru traffic at 9 am.
If you are going to be judged for an award, please be in place at 9:45 am. If you arrive after 9:45 am you may not be included in the award judging.
Please assign one person from your group to check-in for the group. Plan for your group to meet in one location, or in the parade line-up.
Railroad Avenue south of Pfennig Lane will be closed except for parade traffic. Pfennig Lane will remain open to allow access to the Parkcrest neighborhood.
NO PARKING will be allowed in the parade line-up area. You can drop off parade participants, but the vehicles must be moved out of the line-up area.
A shorter parade is offered for the children. Starting at 10 a.m. at the corner of Main Street and 3rd, the children’s parade will lead the main parade east down Main Street. Ribbons are given with awards for best German theme, most decorative wagon/bicycle, most creative entry, and youngest participant.
Area school classes, individuals and families are encouraged to participate. Be creative. We request that you not use motorized vehicles in the children’s parade.
Participants report to the grassy lot beside to Dr. Hassell’s office (200 W Main St) by 9:45 a.m. for judging. It is recommended you access 3rd Street from the south side (Pecan Street) as 3rd Street on the north side of Main Street will be closed for the main parade.
Children lead off the parade of floats by proceeding down the short strip of Main Street. Parents are welcome to join their child or wait at the end of the street. Come one, come all and keep Pflugerville traditions alive.
- Starts: 10 am (to lead the main parade as it gets to Main Street)
- Location: Corner of Main Street and 3rd Street (judging at 9:45 a.m. in the grassy lot beside Dr. Hassell’s office)
For more information contact email@example.com